Suffer from frequent urination. Ultrasound report states both kidneys show mild pelvicalyceal changes. Meaning?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Hi doctor
my son is 4 yrs old and from 2 weeks he is urinating frequently (every 15mins) with no other complaint.

urine report is normal and ultrasound report details are as below:

Right kidney measures 6.5x2.7cm. Left kideny measures 6.6x3.5 cm. both kidneys show mild pelvicalyceal changes (grade I hydronephrosis)
Urinary bladder is normal in distensibility and wall thickness. The lumen is echofree.Pre void urine volume is 77.9cc.Post void residue is 33.8cc
Prostate is visualized.

doctor has prescribed TROZYD(20mg) 1/2 tab twice a day.

Pls suggest if the medication is correct as trozyd supress urination(I guess) and what could be possible cause for his condition
Posted Thu, 15 Aug 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Arun 41 minutes later
Hi thanks for writing to health care magic. From what you described, your kid has mild hydronephrosis. Urinary obstruction should be ruled out if not done already. Trozyd is given in overactive bladder to control frequency of urination. But if your kid has obstruction in the passage of urine, this medicine may be harmful. I would suggest you to consult your physician and confirm with him if other causes like infection or obstruction have been ruled out. I would suggest complete urine examination and culture and voiding cysto urethro gram in such patients before starting frosts. Moreover, there are only few studies regarding its safety in kids and that too above 6 years. Do get a detailed evaluation again. Regards