Suffer from farting and gas leakage. How to control it?

Hey I'm a 20year old girl and I suffer from gas leaking. I can't feel that I am farting but it just happens and starts smelling its noticeable especially when in a car or lying on bed. Especially when I've been drinking or eaten something sugary the gas or the bad smell just comes and I can't control because I can't feel it.. What to do I'm hopeless with this it's taking over my life. It all happened 2 years ago when I started getting gas leaking when I was on drugs and then I kept doing drugs every now and then and now I get bad smell every day randomly.. And I can feel a bubbly feeling around my anus sometimes. Does it have something to do with spinal cord or neurological traumas from drugs or is it just in a muscle or an infection?
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please see the details

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).
Farting usually occurs because one take indigestible sugars, proteins in diet which are then digested by bacteria present in our intestine and produce a foul smell gas

What you all have to do is:
1. Do regular aerobic exercise at least 30 minutes / day
2. If you are obese or overweight then you should reduce your weight again by exercise and low caloric diet
3. Wear loose clothes
4.Observe when you take milk or milk products whether these symptoms worsen, if yes then please avoid them
5. Avoid carbonated drinks, wine or beer and smoking if you do
6. take black tea and add cardamom and ginger to it and take them with meals
7. Take tablet gasex by himalaya company
8.Avoid peas, beans, vegetables of cabbage family and artificial sweatners as they produce lots of gases
9. Take Tablets that contain enzymes protease, amylase, lipase with meals

Bubbling sound around anus may be due to propulsion of gas only. I hope if you follow the advise your symptoms will be relieved

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to answer that too. Remain in touch and get-well soon