Suffer from erectile dysfunction. Discovered having Hepatitis C. Can be due to erectile dysfunction?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
have been having ed for six month now. last week i discover that i have hepatitis b can be the cause of my ed problem
Posted Sat, 20 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
The erectile dysfunction that you are having is not related to the hepatitis B infection. Hepatitis B is an infection and in 90% of patients, it gets corrected by the body's immune system. In 10% only a chronic hepatitis develops.
In erectile dysfunction, psychological factors do play a very important role. Anxiety is found as the cause most often.
Good couple intimacy is the necessary to reduce the problem.
The most helpful factor in treatment is to quit smoking.
There are many agents which help this problem like exercise, particularly aerobic exercise is an effective treatment for erectile dysfunction.
The medicines used for the treatment include phosphodiesterase inhibitors and alprostadil. Injections are also available to help in maintaining the erection.
Your physician will help you in choosing the best agent for you after examining you to rule out the contraindicating factors.
When pharmacological methods fail, a purpose-designed external vacuum pump can be used to attain erection, with a separate compression ring fitted to the penis to maintain it.
To increase your sex drive you can add celery, raw oysters, banana,avocado, almonds, eggs, figs, garlic,etc to your food.
Psychological causes for reduced libido can best be determined and treated by a sexologist. Psychotherapy can be important in this.
If all sexual interest has disappeared, and there is no masturbation either, the hormonal regulation should be examined. If there is any anomaly, treatment is given accordingly.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.