Suffer from dry skin. Lost hair. On steriods, antibotics, and a topical shampoo. When can this come to normal?

I have a 12 YEAR OLD dashhound (male) he has patches of severly dry skin that are bumpy underneath that have lost hair. He was bitten by a bot fly (is what we were told) last summer. He has been on steriods, antibotics, and a topical shampoo. The patches have not ridden as of yet. I am now putting lotion on the dry spots hoping to moisturize them. He rarely acts like it bothers him. However, it bothers me; when will the bald spots and the scaly patches subside? What is this from, how long does it last and is it normal in dashhounds?
Posted Mon, 19 Aug 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Prasad 7 hours later

I understand your concern about your dashhound's skin problem. But I don't think there are any veterinary experts here to address your concern. Thus your query has not been attended for a while.

You can write back to YYYY@YYYY for further assistance.

Thanks for trying XXXXXXX

Good luck!!