Suffer from depression. Take risparidon. Help?

i ask doctor and he charge me many and he no help me to my quoition so why charge many
Posted Sat, 28 Sep 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Depression requires meeting with doctor

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome.

I would like you to understand that depression is a condition that requires a physical one-on-one consultation with a doctor to adequately tackle the condition. In most cases, there is a source or cause or stimulus for depression, which a doctor will try to find and remove.

Some patients can then be taken off medication, but in some cases, patients find relief only with medication (long-term). If only a particular medication helps you, then your doctor might have to look into finding the best medication for you. Risperidone is usually not used for the treatment of depression, but is used for the treatment of conditions like bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, autistic disorder, and obsessive-compulsive disorder. Please re-look into your diagnosis, you can discuss this with your doctor, it could be possible that this is the reason why other anti-depressants have not been helping you much.

For now, let me start by listing out all the groups of medicines available for the treatment of depression:
-Serotonin and norepinehprine reuptake inhibitors (eg. duloxetine, venlafaxine, etc.)
-Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (eg. fluoxetine, paroxitine, etc.)
-Tricyclic antidepressants (eg. trimipramine, amitriptyline, etc.)
-Atypical antidepressants (eg. vilazodone, mirtazapine, etc.)
-Norepinehprine and dopamine reuptake inhibitors (eg.
-Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (eg. selegiline, phenelzine, etc.)
-Others (eg. mood-stabilizing medications, etc.)

As you can see ma'am, there are many medications available for the treatment of depression, but your doctor will be able to help and prescribe the best one that might suit you only after a physical examination, which is why I urge you to consult a doctor who will surely help you.

You also need to know that all the medicines used for the treatment of depression are prescription drugs, so you will not be able to get these medicines without a prescription from a doctor, which is another reason why you need to XXXXXXX your doctor at the earliest. I shall also list other treatment options, they include:
-Electroconvulsive therapy
-Counseling with a specialist (psychiatrist)
-Vagal nerve stimulation

I hope you found my response helpful. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications.

Best of luck and god bless.