Suffer from cold, cough and fever. On allgera, calpol and maxtra. Not passed motions. Prescribed azithral strup. Suggestions?

hello dr
my daughter 4yrs old last four days suffering from cold cough and fever . we given allgera and maxtra anf calpal sryup.same time she not pass motion for last twodays even though she taking ezlax for her hard stool pb as per dr advice. some time she is telling stomach we went to doctor.dr examined and prescribed azithral syrub for next four days along with maxtra and bicerax syrup and meftalp. after this treatment adviced us to give bandy for stomach after noon we start to give azithral one dose.but fever rising and lowering in every six hrs by giving calpal it normal? normally azithral howmuch time will take to reduce the fever?is it not releated with motion problem because last month also she got fever due to motion pb and augment medicication given by dr.
thank u
Posted Tue, 27 Aug 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Alekhya 2 hours later

Thank you for the query.

I have read your query and from that I first want to inform you that fever has nothing to do with constipation but there will be some raised body temperature in constipated children.

Azithral will show its effect in 30 minutes but it will not treat fever but it will treat the cause of fever like infections.

Calpal syrup as it is used for fever temperature is getting down when you are giving it and after its action fever is coming back again.

I advice to have an xray abdomen for your baby.

In my opinion there must be infection which is causing these problems.Wait until you complete the dose of azithral and if symptoms persists you can take your baby once again to your doctor.

Please pay attention on food you are giving to your baby.

Hope I have answered all your queries.

Feel free to ask followup questions.
Wish you a good health.

Follow-up: Suffer from cold, cough and fever. On allgera, calpol and maxtra. Not passed motions. Prescribed azithral strup. Suggestions? 1 hour later
thank u dr
azithral is it useful for this infection?
regarding x XXXXXXX we also have doubts in inside the abdomen but every going time we are telling to dr she is crying while pass motion , but dr check and press the abdomen and telling no pb continue with ezlax not advicing to take xray.ezlax also making stool soft but sometime watery like loose motion sometime 3 to 4 time motion little quantity.
Answered by Dr. Alekhya 3 hours later
Yes, azithral is used to treat the infections if present. Regarding the X-Ray, I have mentioned it is necessary if the symptoms persist even after treatment and if we see any changes during physical examination. I personally advice X-Ray to rule out the abnormalities, if present. You need to know about the diet, as it is the main culprit for constipation in children. I advise you to give high fiber diet. Give your baby plenty of water, vegetables and fruits. Avoid cow's milk if you are giving which will lead to constipation. Follow the instructions given by your doctor along with a good diet, which will help your baby a lot.
Hope this answer will be helpful to you.