Suffer from chronic migraines. Have severe headache, nausea and depression. Surviving on diclofenac injections. Remedy?

I am a 33 year old woman, and have been suffering with chronic migraines since last 8 years. The condition triggered when i traveled to US on work and returned home and travelled to Vizag on work again. The humidity set off severe headaches, nausea and depression (i was clinically depressed at the same time because of personal trauma). I was then diagnosed to have migraines. The onset of attacks and the episodes were frequent and severe. I still survive on diclofenac injections when the condition goes beyond control. Last 8 years, i got married and have a 5 year old child I battle headaches every time to take care of my son. I have had 2 CT scans - all clear with nothing found. Lately, i feel myself severely depressed and have headaches every day. I take Vasograin or suminat depending on the intensity. Somebody suggested i may need an MRI. Im very scared. Is there some underlying condition? Please advise me as i need proper direction with my traumatic condition.

Posted Fri, 18 Oct 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Migraine headache

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to XXXXXXX

It seems from the history that you are having Migraine head ache.
Migraine headache is a primary head ache and structural damage to any part of the brain will not be there. You have underwent CT scan 2 times and both have come normal thus confirming that your headache is because of migraine only. Hence no further tests like MRI scan are not needed.

Since the diagnosis is known you need not worry much. As you are already taking treatment for migraine, you can continue the same treatment. Migraine is known to decrease in severity as the age increases. If the migraine attacks are very frequent prophylactic drugs to prevent acute attacks can be used. The drugs most commonly used are beta blockers like Propranolol, calcium channel blockers like Flunarizine and so many.

Hence only thing you require is examination by a physician or by a neurologist and prophylactic drugs as per advice.

Hope, I have answered your query.
Thank you,