Suffer from anxiety. Was prescribed medication, changed from citalopram to cipralex. Having bitter taste and sore tongue

Hi ,I have a bitter taste in my mouth I suffer from anxiety I was prescribed ssri medication I have changed from citalopram to cipralex the is still there appears worse when I am stressed my tongue is sore and always seems to be stuck to the roof of my mouth
Posted Sat, 8 Jun 2013 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Nehal Shah 56 minutes later
Thanks for using healthcare magic.

Bitter taste in mouth and sore tongue in your case might be due to
1- Dryness of mouth caused by citalopram or escitalopram

2- Loss of taste sensation as a symptom of anxiety

3- Physical causes like constipation, doctor for evaluation. Doctor may advise you to go for some tests like vitamin B12 level. Treatment would be directed as per cause. Please note that cipralex contains escitalopram which is en isomer of citalopram so side effects are simmilar. Thanks.