Ask a Urologist   »  

Suffer from PE. Suggested Duralast. Also suffer from Oligozoospermia. Suggest?

Hi, I suffer from PE and was suggested to have Duralast 30 by Dr. Rupin Shah, Mumbai. However, i dont see any difference. Please can you suggest. I also suffer from Oligozoospermia.
Posted Sat, 3 Aug 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 1 hour later
Duralast is a reasonably good medicine in that you need to take it on an 'on-demand' basis. If you are not happy with 30mg, you might require 60mg, but that is the maximum dose I would suggest. The alternatives are using tablets like Clomipramine at bedtime daily, which is not something I would recommend, as there are side-effects of these ( all these drugs which help in reducing 'premature ejaculation' are drugs which act on the central nervous system and can cause trouble in concentration, sleep, and if abruptly discontinued may cause further trouble). there are other measures which can be tried, but these need significant will power from you. One of them is squeeze technique as described by Master and XXXXXXX where you need to press the glans penis hard with your thumb in the front and two fingers at the back of glans when you sense an impending orgasm. This will stop the approaching climax, and will give you time to adjust to a fresh series of thrusts. As I said earlier, this is easier said than done, but no harm in trying. You can try masturbating as you practice this - this will be better learnt that way.
You can also try using a local anaesthetic cream to the front of glans penis and see if it works, but you should do this approximately 3-45 minutes before you plan to have intercourse. You can apply this at the same time that you take Duralast.
Try these measures for a month or two, and let me know if you have not found benefit.