Suffer from ADD. Lost job. Concerned?

My son is driving me crazy. Maybe by starting out by saying failure to launch my be of great assistance to you to help you understand our plight. I just don't know how to deal with him. He does suffer from ADD. He lost his job several weeks ago and has no interest in seeking unemployment. He is not concerned about his future whatsoever. Can you formulate a game plan or advise on how to function in this minefield we find ourselves in. I do not trust my computer I can give you my credit card information over the phone or mail you a check, please contact me via email and let me know, thank you My email address is YYYY@YYYY
Posted Sat, 9 Nov 2013 in Eating Disorders
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Hebbar 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
detailed below

Detailed Answer:
Your son's lack of focus in the job appears to be a concern for you. ADD( is it attention deficit disorder?) can be treated with medicines. Reasons and the treatment methods for lack of focus on the job are several. All these need to be evaluated ( eg, being in a love affair, drug addictions, being depressed, having some other psychiatric problem like personality disorder etc). Best way to do this is to talk to one or two psychiatrist or psychologist. You can discuss without taking your son also.
Dr XXXXXXX hebbar