Suffer form severe gastritis. Having extreme pain. What is the solution?

Allergist and Immunologist
Are there any studies, journals, or reports on the treatment of Orthokine/Regenokine for Costochondritis?

I know it works by creating a lavish supply of the body`s own most powerful anti-inflammatory, IL-1Ra, TGF-ß, which is simultaneously injected into the joint or the nerve root, thereby inhibiting inflammation and promoting tissue health.

I've heard good things about this procedure and I'm very interested. I believe the same success can be achieved by injecting in costochondral joints.

i'm in extreme pain.This condition has debilitated my life. My quality of life is zero. I'm also suffering from severe gastritis for 8 months because of nsaids. I'm looking for an alternative solution.
Posted Sun, 25 Aug 2013 in Lupus
Answered by Dr. Sujoy Khan 34 minutes later

Welcome to Healthcare Magic and thank you for writing to us.

What you are talking about is Autologous Conditioned Serum (ACS) that includes a cocktail of anti-inflammatory agents, including some of the ones you mentioned.
A recent study in WWW.WWWW.WW shows that it has been concluded for use after reconstruction of Anterior cruciate ligament tear to see the effects of ACS/Orthokine. Results have not been posted yet.

For costochondritis, no trials with orthokine has been published or pending at WWW.WWWW.WW as of now.

Corticosteroids do provide relief in extreme cases, but ensure you see a Rheumatologist or Immunologist to exclude relapsing polychondritis.

I hope that was useful
Best Wishes.

Follow-up: Suffer form severe gastritis. Having extreme pain. What is the solution? 46 hours later
Ive never been diagnosed with polychondritis.

I had a lipoma removed from my chest 2 years ago . 2 weeks after surgery i was in massive excruciating pain from waist to chest. The excruciating pain subsided after 2 1/2 months but not completely.

I've been left with constant pain that ranges from 1-10 on a daily basis.
19 months later i was diagnosed with costochondritis.

2 months ago i was stretched and felt a very sharp,dull,deep pain in my sternum, and felt it moving downward my sternum. My chest has been bruised (purple) since that happened, for the last 2 months. i also developed a circular bruise right under my sternum, very very slightly to the right, where my duodenum and sternum XXXXXXX The pain now is worse than ever. Constant pain range of 8-10 every day,all day.

I have no idea what could've happened.

Could it be torn cartilage in my sternum? if it's torn cartilage how can that be diagnosed? How long does this take to heal?
could it be my ribs?
What do these bruises mean?

It hurts when i breathe. I feel every single pain radiating to my back. Extreme pain in my chest area. When I look directly up or down i feel extreme pain in my sternum. It hurts to pull,stretch,reach,sit down, lay down, etc.. It even hurts massively just to type this, basically any movement. The pain is overwhelming.

Also, just to clarify, i DO NOT have lupus. I was recently checked for lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, and other auto-immune disorders which i tested negative. I must have selected that category by accident.
Answered by Dr. Sujoy Khan 35 minutes later

It is indeed good news that you do not have autoantibodies and not been diagnosed with lupus.
That puts this question in a very different perspective.

MRI Chest (wall) will give us a better idea as to (if there is) the cause to the severe costochondritis. Ribs heal by themselves and rarely needs chest support unless you have been in a major trauma and unable to breathe - as the chest wall movements cause a lot of pain.

You must see a Pain Clinic Consultant to see how you can optimal pain relief.
Bruises would mean you have had siginificant trauma or they can happen after minimal pressure if the platelet count is low or if the coagulation profile is abnormal.

I hope that was useful.
Best Wishes.
Follow-up: Suffer form severe gastritis. Having extreme pain. What is the solution? 4 days later
I believe trauma is the stretching that caused the bruising, which caused the extreme pain i'm in.

how long does the extreme pain take to subside?

how long does the bruising take to subside?

how is cartilage inflammation detected and diagnosed?

how can i reduce cartilage inflammation? cortizone shots did not help

Answered by Dr. Sujoy Khan 21 minutes later

It will be difficult to put a time frame on how long it will take for the pain to subside without adequate pain relief medications.
The bruising could take a few weeks (3-4 weeks) - thrombophob gel helps to subside the bruised areas.
Cartilage inflammation is detected by MRI, and blood tests (non-specific) is C-Reactive Protein levels (CRP).

Triamcilonone with lignocaine injections will lower pain - depending on the dose the relief lasts for 2-3 weeks.

Best Wishes.