Suffer fever and vomiting. Recommended nexpro junior. Having stomach pain. Help?

Feb 2013

My daughter is 3 yr old and have been suffering from fever from last 4 days.Initially she vonitted 3-4 times and i tool her to the paed and he recomended nexpro junior XXXXXXX and he gaver her an injection.After that she got fever which is not very high but 100 degree and 100.7 its the 5th day and she is still having mild fever with stomach pain...doc suggest Nobel plus,Monocef 100,enterogermina,digene,piplar.please help as we are scheduled to travel to goa on 29th XXXXXXX

Posted Mon, 15 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 2 hours later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

I can understand your concern about your child health.

Your child seems having an viral like illness with gastritis.

This type of illnesses will take approximately for 3 to 5 days for subsiding.

Is she having loose stools?

Continue the medication as advised by your pediatrician.

Maintain her hydration by giving plenty of oral fluids and oral rehydration solutions like Pedialyte.

Give soft and bland diet.

Monitor her body temperature, hydration status, and activity frequently.

If the severity and intensity of fever spikes are not subsiding, consult the pediatrician for reevaluation and investigations such as CBP, ESR, Smear for MP, complete urine examination, and widal test to look for any focus of infection and treatment accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know in the follow up query.

Wish your child speedy recovery.