Suffer fatigue, weakness, shaky, post nasal drip, poor appetite and blurred vision. Could this be sinus infection?

Excellent

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
Question
Wondering if this is a sinus infection. Symptoms are fatigue, weakness, shaky, post nasal drip, a little stuffy, poor appetite, blurred vision and a bit dizzy, low grade fever (99.2-100.0), headache pressure behind eyes and nose. Hurts when you press on left sinuses on face.
Posted Tue, 12 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Most likely sinusitis.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for using Healthcare Magic.
Your symptoms would suggest sinusitis. In particular the pain behind your eyes and over your sinuses.
Sinusitis usually lasts about two weeks. I suggest you take paracetamol and ibuprofen to help with the pain, inflammation and temperature. Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration. Decongestant nasal sprays available over the counter may help your stuffed up feeling. Your pharmacist will be able to advise on the best available.
Antibiotics tend to be prescribed when the sinusitis has lasted for two weeks or more.
I hope this is of help to you. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Dr K A Pottinger,
MBChB FRCA

Follow-up: Suffer fatigue, weakness, shaky, post nasal drip, poor appetite and blurred vision. Could this be sinus infection? 20 hours later
I guess i just always assumed with a ainus infection that youd have to be stuffed up and blowing oit a lot of mucous from the nose. I seem to be swallowing mine. This is my first sinus infection. I am a bit congested and when i dig stufg oit of my nose its dark green with a bit of blood but not runny. Also can sinus infections cause extreme fatigue and a loss of appetite? Thse are my worse symptoms. o

Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
You may also have nasal polyps.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for the further question. You may also have nasal polyps. These can cause a post nasal drip which causes mucus to run into the back of your throat. Nasal polyps can cause a blocked up feeling and if they develop in or around a sinus they can cause mucus to build up in the sinus and cause infection. They can also reduce your sense of smell and taste which might affect your apetite.
Treatment is with a nasal steroid spray prescribed by your doctor.
As regards your fatigue, any infection can cause fatigue and with all your symptoms, you will feel run down.
I suggest you try the suggestions in my first answer and speak to your doctor about the nasal steroid spray.
I hope you feel better soon.
Dr K A Pottinger,
MBChB FRCA