Suffer diarrhea and vomiting. Prescribed Zanocin. Refuses to teke medicine. Suggest other medicine?

Hi.. I have a 2.8 years old daughter. She had diarrhea and vomitting last weekend which was taken care of but now she passes stools that are soft and smell very bad. The pediatrician had prescribed Zanocin 100mg but my daughter refuses to take the syrup and forcing it down her throat is done after a lot of drama and it is quite distressing to see her cry so much to take just one syrup. Is there any other medicine that we can give her tablet form. She has been taking BC-21 for teething (homeopathy) and likes chewing tablets.
Posted Sat, 28 Sep 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern.

Your child is having enteritis which is mostly viral in nature but could be bacterial

as well.In your case your pediatrician must be suspecting bacterial infection for

which zanocin(ofloxacin) is prescribed.

Yes sometimes it really becomes difficult to give little ones medication.I can understand .

There are other preparations also ,You can give Tab oflox 100 DT

I also suggest you to give some probiotic t 2 times a day and take care of diet.

Give plenty of fluids.

Give curd,buttermilk,lemonade.,coconut water,rice porridge,banana,boiled potato

Hope I have answered your query,if you have any other question I would be glad to help.

Wishing your baby good health.

God bless...