Suffer cold and cough. Get frequent infections. Nose filled with mucus. Breathing through mouth. Panting while walking. Cure?

i am suffering from cold and cough.and i feel that i get infected very takes me atleast 25 days to recover from this.durin this period my nose is always filled with mucous and cough.i have to breath from my mouth when i sleep.whole year i feel that i can breath from my one nostril.even i feel panting when i wlk for 1 km or i swim for 40 m.i m 25 year old and the problem is from my childhood.

these are some reports taken some years back when i was infected from cold and cough.the doctor suggested me to leave eating all fruits except dry fruits,i left eating fruits for 4 years but one physian advised me to start taking fruits as it would only weaken my immune system,so i started taking all types of fruits in any season except for the period when i was infected with cold and cough.also i feel some amount of cough always in my throat all the it the reason behind my panting after a short distance walking or my lower stamina for swimming or singing in one breath.whats the reason behind my problem that i can't breath freely from my both nostrils?
Posted Fri, 11 Oct 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Chronic maxillary sinusitis is your diagnosis

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

Your symptoms and reports seem like you are suffering from a sinus problem. Most specifically your maxillary sinus; your diagnosis would be chronic maxillary sinusitis. Yes, you are right, your sinusitis is triggered by certain factors which makes it difficult for you to breath, and this insufficient amount of air (oxygen) reaching your brain, heart and lungs makes you pant, get tired quickly, have a congested nose, etc.

Just for your reference I shall list some of the most common symptoms of sinusitis:
-Cough (worse at night)
-Nose congestion
-Nasal discharge
-Pain or tenderness around eyes, cheeks, nose and/or forehead
-Diminished sense of taste and/or smell
-Ear aches
-Bad breath
-General weakness/tiredness
and a few others.

I hope this answers your question XXXXXXX Feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications or symptoms. I would be more than happy to help you.

Best wishes.
Follow-up: Suffer cold and cough. Get frequent infections. Nose filled with mucus. Breathing through mouth. Panting while walking. Cure? 12 hours later
is there any cure or treatment for this problem?what about eating fruits?do i have weeken lung capacity?
i want to participate in swimming competition but can't inhance my stamina for long distance swimming,any suggestion?
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Treatment options listed below

Detailed Answer:
Hello once again.

There is a cure, and I shall list all the treatment options in a while, but the main triggering factor will have to be recognized; so please speak to your doctor about the same.

As far as treatment for chronic maxillary sinusitis is concerned, I treat my patients with nasal decongestants, steroid medications, antibiotics or antifungal medications before planning for a surgical remedy.

Depending on the source of the infection or allergic/hypersensitivty reaction; the treatment will be adviced. So you will have to visit a doctor regarding the problem and find the exact source of the problem.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.
Follow-up: Suffer cold and cough. Get frequent infections. Nose filled with mucus. Breathing through mouth. Panting while walking. Cure? 1 hour later
Is surgical remedy necessary?can u just tell me details of this kind of ailments?can this lead to TV?i want to know all the causes leading to this kind of problems.also i want to know has this problem been since my birth?can proper treatment lead to permanent solution of this problem?
Brief Answer:
Cannot lead to TB; all other details listed below

Detailed Answer:

I shall surely help you with all your queries.

First of all, this condition cannot lead to tuberculosis (TB). Secondly, I shall list all the details you need about this condition. As listed in my last response, the treatment options are the same.

The causes for chronic maxillary sinusitis can be the following:
-Infections (viral, bacterial or fungal)
-Anatomical deformities like a deviated nasal septum
-Extra growth like a polyp or benign tumors
-Allergic/hypersensitivity reactions
-Gastric conditions like gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). etc.
-Infections following a tooth extraction, or just a simple tooth infection
-Lowered immunity
These are some of the most common causes.

Depending on the exact cause for your problem (as listed above) we will be able to say whether this condition was present since birth or developed later in life. For example anatomical deformities can be present since birth, and this in turn can result in sinusitis.

Yes ma'am, proper and accurate treatment can lead to a permanent solution for your condition except if the cause if an allergic reaction. If the cause is an allergic reaction, then the condition will only subside and clear if the specific allergen (substance causing the allergic reaction) is removed from contact.

I hope you found my response helpful If there is any other information or clarifications you require, please do not hesitate to write back to me.

Best wishes.