Suddenly vision went white and shiny. Feeling dizzy, weak and breathing fast. What is causing this?

I was working outside on a hot day when my vision went white and shiny till i couldnt see at all and my heart was racing and was breathing fast ,also felt dizzie and weak ,same heart rate and breathing problems when i work bent over thou no as strong.
Posted Thu, 16 Aug 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

The symptoms appear due to autonomic nervous system failure.This happens due to various reasons common amongst is low adrenal hormones.

Also there are chances for dehydration to present these symptoms, but usually it follows a episode of loose stools , vomiting or even decreased water intake.

I suggest you to get your BP checked at least on three occasions when in rest by a trained professional.If the reading appears to be out of range then you may have to be put on medications based on the pattern of the BP variation.

There would be no vital risk involved but early action is always better in preventing the condition get worsened over time.

Do consume ample amount of rehydrating solutions like juices or ORS (Oral rehydration formulas) etc when working.

Please get back to me if you have any doubts.

Wish you good health.