Suddenly started stomach ache, vomiting and diarrhoea. Chances of light gallbladder attack?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Hi, just a little while ago I went out of my bed to the toilet cause I felt sick, next thing I knew I woke up on the floor, I then threw up quite a lot and then shortly (minutes after) got really bad diarrhea. I've been through these steps a couple of times before, but then always combined with massive cramps in my stomach, which I believed was a gallbladder attack. The difference now is that I don't have any pain in my stomach, it's a bit bubbly but that's all. Will I need to go see a doctor or can I just assume this was a light gallbladder attack? Is there anything else I can do to prevent this sort of attacks in the future?
Posted Mon, 19 Nov 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.

Yes in view of the severity of symptoms it is very important that you consult you doctor at the earliest. Since it is happening repeatedly the cause needs to be found out.There is high likelihood of it being either intestinal or biliary colic.The possibility of a renal colic also needs to be ruled out.
At this moment you require good supportive and symptomatic treatment followed by a CT of the abdomen to ascertain the cause.
I hope this answers your doubt.
With regrdas