Suddenly started feeling warm and tingling sensation on arm, face and chest. Prognosis?

I was sitting on the couch and all of the sudden my face, arms, and chest started feeling very warm and tingly. My skin has turned splotchy red. The sensation is moving down my legs and is starting to subside in the arms and chest area.
Posted Sat, 27 Apr 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 4 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,
It would be interesting to know if this is the first time you are having this sensation or not.
However, commonest causes of this sensation could be hypotension certainly due to irregular heart beats. Taking an appointment with the cardiologist for a clinical evaluation and carrying out ECG is fundamental.
Sudden drop in blood supply to a particular area of the body causes the corresponding regions, together with the nerves to suffer a temporal lack of oxygen. As the arrythmia subsides, blood flow becomes normal and sensation disappears.
Excluding serious arrythmia first before thinking of any other cause, of neurologic or other cardiologic cause is the most appropriate decision to take. I suggest you book an appointment with your cardiologist.
Thanks and best regards.
Luchuo, MD.