Suddenly started feeling cold and pain all over body. Underlying cause?

Last night, suddenly I got severe chills. Teeth chattering, muscle spasms.legs and body cramping.As soon as my husband could warm me up my feet were still burning like frost bite. It only lasted about 45 minutes. what could be the cause.
Posted Sun, 17 Mar 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 14 minutes later

Thanks for the query,

I have noted your complaints as well as your medical history

The common causes of these episodes are fever, hypoglycemic spells etc. The other, rare possibility could be autonomic neuropathy related to diabetes.

People with thyroid problem are more likely to have this problem

I suggest you to get your basic medical tests done and get examined by a local physician. The treatment will depend upon the cause.

Hope i have clarified your query,
Please get back to me in case of doubts

Best wishes