Suddenly lost sensation in leg. What are the complication?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
my dad is in hospital because he has use of his leg hegot up during the night and lost the power in them YYYY@YYYY

Posted Thu, 2 Aug 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
Sudden loss of power in the legs after getting up from the bed is likely to be due to nerve compression at the level of spine due to spondylottic changes in the spine or suggestive of stroke.
Most of the times the strength returns after a while once the posture is changed. An MRI of the spine will help in detecting any long term changes that have taken place.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Suddenly lost sensation in leg. What are the complication? 16 hours later
none at the momentn
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 7 hours later
I wish your father an early and trouble free recovery.
Please do recommend our website to your friends too.