Suddenly have body chills, low back pain, weakness. Naproxyn and aspirin helped but symptoms returns. Suggest?

I suddenly have body chills and have to wear a fleece coat to keep warm.It started in the middle of the night two nights back.Low back pain also which I have had for several months.Slight elevated oral temperature(100.5)
General feeling of weakness and tiredness. One naproxyn sodium with one 5 grain aspirin will stop the chills and
body aches.But the condition returns after a few hours. What to do?
XXXXX Lexington,S.C. 0000

Posted Sun, 29 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Likely to be a viral infection.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
It appears that you could be having possible Viral fever which is supported by headache, feeling feverish, weakness.

Fever is when temperature is 100 degree farenheit or more usually. Normal body temperature is usually 98.6 degree farenheit.

Usually viral fevers will subside on their own within a week or two unless they get complicated.
Keep well hydrated with plenty of warm fluids and especially fruit juices.

Keep warm, avoid exposure to cold as this could aggravate the problem.

Eat plenty of fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables. Eat high protein diet like cereals, pulses, chicken, lean meat, eggs.
Do continue with the treatment that you are already taking. In case the symptoms aggravate then do consult your physician for stronger prescription medicines.

Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.