Suddenly had a pin pricking feeling over eye in the eyebrow area. Why am I getting this feeling?

Excellent

Question
Only yesterday for no apparent reason I had a pin pricking feeling over my right eye in the eye brow area. It felt like several pin pricks or as if several of the eye brow hairs were being pulled out. It even felt as if it was a wasp sting. The pain lasted for about 10 seconds and just went away. There is no brusing or soreness in the area. Wht could this be?
Posted Mon, 27 Aug 2012 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX
Welcome back to healthcare magic Physician's desk!
It is an idiopathic occurrence, cause could be transient irritation of a nerve, or just excessive local discharge of neurons which can be precipitated inadvertent local rubbing or pressure that goes unnoticed but leads to the problem.
At times we can have a fluttering sensation of the lid which is also a similar phenomenon.
As such they are of no long term significance and you do not need to worry for it.
I think the advise would be helpful for you.

If you still have queries if any, please feel free to communicate back.

And if satisfied with my solution then please accept the answer and take a moment to express your feelings in the Review Section about my Clinical skills!

Follow-up: Suddenly had a pin pricking feeling over eye in the eyebrow area. Why am I getting this feeling? 31 hours later
Thanks for the answer. Since my original question it has occurred again once each day and today (Friday)twice. Should I see a doctor and is this a sign of something more serious?

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 6 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

The problem also tends to recur at times but as I said it will be short lived.
It does not indicate anything serious.
Still you have a visit to your physician and get examined personally so that you would not get more anxiety and seeing the problem your physician may give simple medicines like baclofen etc for a quick relief.

Wish you a great XXXXXXX