Suddenly got twinge feeling in chest. Should I be concerned?

Hello. On my way int the office this morning i have had some "twinges" in the left chest, around the heart area, and a prickling sensation - first time. Im 33, going on 34, weigh about 100kg and have recently started eating healthily and gyming a lot more than i used to. No medical history of note - generally a strong constitution. Should i be concerned that this a is a cardiac issue or is there likely to be another explanation? Any guidance welcome.
Posted Fri, 8 Feb 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later

Heart conditions leading to heart attack will present with a spectrum of symptoms, the common ones include chest pain that radiates to the left arm, increased heart rate, sweating, breathlessness, etc. This most of times happens early in the mornings during exertion, soon after consumption of food or stressful periods.

The Pain in the chest you feel in the mornings could probably be due to Intercostal muscle strain or pinching of the muscles. This mostly happens during initial days of working out or due to faulty position acquired during work. The episodes of such pain will subside after few days of working out. There would be no need for any medications except applying pain killer gels like DICLOFENAC gel when pain is more.

Hope I answered your query. Please do let me know if there are any other concerns.