Suddenly getting chest pain and breathing problem. Cause and cure?

Suddenly i m getting pain in left portion of my chest and getting problem in breathing too.
Posted Tue, 1 Jan 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Kulbir Singh 23 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX and thanks for posting the query
Chest pain associated with shortness of breath always gives us a view to think about the heart problem. Though Coronary artery disease is not common at your age but in present time we are getting this disease at your age also. So it is better to get checked for that.
At any age, following is the list of risk factors for future development of Coronary Artery Disease.
1. Diabetes
2. Hypertension
3. Smoking
4. Stress
5. Obesity
6. High Bad Cholesterol and Lipid Component
7. Low Good Cholesterol and Lipid Component

8. Family History of Coronary Heart Disease
9. Increasing age
10. Male Sex

You can calculate the risk factor and place yourself at what risk you have. If you have no other symptoms like cough, whistling sound in chest, fever or history of ant trauma than, in my opinion consult your cardiologist and get your EKG, stress test done. If these are fine than need not to worry and you can manage your pain with analgesic drugs and applying local gel at the site. You can also do hot fermentation to reduce pain.

Hope I have answered your query. Write back for any doubt.

Best Wishes

Dr. Kulbir Singh