Suddenly felt light headed, dizzy, pain in head, neck, back and abdomen. What to do?

Hello. I was driving to work about 9 hours ago, during good weather with no isses. I felt lightheaded and dizzy and I closed my eyes for just a second, the next thing I knew I was facing the sky. My car had run full speed at a diagonal and my car ran up the large ditch. The shock and noise of the accident broke my fuzzy feeling and then I began to panic once the car settled. I hurried and got out of the car for fear of fire. I did wear my seat belt, however, the airbags didn't deploy. Upon leaving the scene, I felt fine, just shaken up. I'm sure I didn't have anything serious, but my all-over soreness is unnerving and painful. The pain is in my head, neck, back, lower right abdomen. What would you recommend I do next? I was able to work a full shift tonight, but my pain is increasing. My head, neck, back, lower right abdomen are all the most sore. I'm not bleeding, vomiting, or anything so I don't feel its necessary that I go to the ED. Are there any signs to look out for that should send me to the ED?
Posted Wed, 7 Nov 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 28 minutes later

Sorry to hear about the incidence.

Actually ideal next step would be to get a primary clinical evaluation done. Many times person injured may not him/herself notice severity of the injury.

In case you plan to wait and watch then you need to keep watch on symptoms like - dizziness, imbalance, disorientation, ear / nose bleed, neck pain, breathlessness, heaviness in chest, pricking or stabbing pain in chest, pain in abdomen, distension of abdomen, blood in stools or urine, unable to pass stools or urine, unable to move or painful movements of any joint or limb, etc.

Hope this answers your question. Please ask if there are doubts.