Suddenly felt dizzy and blurred vision while walking. What is going on?

While walking yesterday I suddenly felt dizzy and had blurred vision for approx 10 - 15 seconds?
Posted Tue, 28 Aug 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sourav Ganguly 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
I think you suffered a transient ischemic attack(TIA) or syncope due to other reasons like cardiac ischemia ( where the blood supply to the heart reduces), vasovagal attack, arrhythmias. A TIA is a condition where the blood supply to the brain decreases due to a clot/thrombus etc. It can especially be possible since you already have Atrial fibrillation and are receiving warfarin. Also, cardiac ischemia needs evaluation since you have pain in abdomen as well.
The only way forward here is a complete workup with an ECG, 24 Holter Monitoring, and Echocardiogram, PT/INR.
We may also need to rule out the extremely unlikely possibility of a seizure.
Please see your physician. This needs a quick evaluation.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

Best Wishes,
Dr Sourav Ganguly