Ask a Urologist   »  

Suddenly experience greenish and brownish urethral discharge. Was on keflex. No STD. Suggest?

General Surgeon
I am suddenly experience urethral discharge - greenish/brownisn and mucousy. It is not from an STD - I am 65 and have only one sexual partner. I had it a few weeks ago but was taking Keflex for another infection and it went away. Now suddenly it has returned with a vengeance.
Posted Mon, 2 Sep 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
it may be due to infection

Detailed Answer:
Mucous urethral discharge can be due to infection.
Please send the discharge for culture and sensitivity so that appropriate antibiotic can be used.
Get an ultrasound abdomen.
If there is any suspicious lesion in the urinary bladder,then Cystoscopy has to be done.
So,please send discharge for culture and sensitivity and use appropriate antibiotic.
Drink plenty of liquids.
If you have any queries i will clarify further