Sudden weight gain, lower back pain. Need help

i have gained over 8lbs in the last 2months, my stomach is really bloated and last night it kept tightening with lower left back pain.
i've never been 10stone 13lbs i've always been 9.7stone to 10stone.
I'm also outgrowing clothes.
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 45 minutes later
As of now, I think that the possibility of hypothyroidism needs to be explored further in you. Hypothyroidisim is frequently associated with weight gain, constipation, dry skin, fatigue, difficulty in sleeping and depression.
The following investigations would be needed after a clinical examination:
a.     Serum thyroid stimulating hormone
b.     Free thyroxine levels
c.     Serum thyronine levels.
However, bloating can also be due to dyspepsia due to irregular meal timings. Try and regularize the meal timings, avoid spicy and oily food, eat small frequent meals, have a high fibre diet and take plenty of water for relief. You can also try Prevacid OTC once a day, half an hour before meals if the above treatment does not produce relief.
I would suggest you consult your general practitioner and get yourself evaluated for the same.

I hope I have answered your query. I shall be available for further queries.