Sudden vertigo, mild dizziness, eye spasms, low BP. On vitamins. Drink more liquid?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi This last week I have been having one case of sudden vertigo that lasted an hour and half, then days of mild dizziness, and some eye spasms also. I have normally low blood pressure, not a lot of energy it comes and goes. I don't eat much red meat, take a few vitamins, but not every day.
I'm usually a problem free person, no major issues, have been told my blood cells needs more water etc.non smoker, 1 drink per week on average, two coffees a day. Healthy weight 68kg 176cm height blood pressure about 110/70
Posted Sat, 26 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 23 minutes later
Having mild dizziness with some eye spasms may be associated with many reasons which need to be ruled out one by one in your case-
1. Abnormal position of the neck- avoid using a pillow for a few days and see if it improves.
2.Migraine headaches are also associated with dizziness. Do you have any associoation with headache?
3. Inner ear problems- due to inflammation or miniere's disease- Can be ruled out on examination by a specialist.
4. Stroke causing compromised blood supply to the inner ear. This can be ruled out by your general physician after looking for all the risk factors.
5. cervical spondylosis- usually associated with pain in the neck.
6. Metabolic conditions such as hyponatremia
You need to rule out the above conditions and then get the treatment according to the diagnosis.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.