Sudden terrible hot flushes. What is it about?
User rating for this question
I am having terrible hot flashes all of a sudden at 69 yrs old. what is that about?
Posted Mon, 18 Jun 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 4 hours later
Hello and welcome to HealthCare Magic,
Assuming that you went through menopause at the normal age (51-52), with menopause being defined as no period for 12 months, then the onset of hot flashes related to menopause would be unusual. It would make sense if you had been on heart disease with symptoms that are often different than men. Sweating or "diaphoresis" might be a sign of heart disease. Also, endocrine causes of such symptoms should also be pursued: diabetes and thyroid disease.
This gives you something to think about, and this obviously should be addressed with your doctor. If this is a satisfactory answer, please accept it as such. I wish you the best of luck. Please ask if you have more questions.
People also viewed
- Thyronorm 25 mcg hypothyroidism side effects
- Is triphasil used in the treatment of polyfollicular ovarian disease ?
- I am suffering from postpartum breast pain, can i take first testosterone mc?
- Revelol 25 side effects weight gain
- What are hot flushes
- What causes hot flushes
- Is levaquin leva pak used in the treatment of chronic pelvic pain syndrome ?
- Sharp pains day 25 of cycle
- Lametec 25 mg side effects
- What causes sudden flushing
- Hot flushes what to take
- Sudden terrible hot flushes what is it about
- Is smz tmp ds used in the treatment of chronic pelvic pain syndrome ?
- Diarhrea 25 weeks pregnant
- I am suffering from postmenopausal symptoms, can i take vivelle dot?