Sudden soreness in arm. Should I be worried about shock affecting internal organs?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi, I received a mild shock in the kitchen....was stirring meat sauce in metal wok with fork, at the same time reached behind me (I have a galley kitchen) to run something under water. I feel fine, was just a bit nervous though. My left arm (that I was stirring with) feels a bit sore near elbow. No burns at all. Should I be worried about shock affecting XXXXXXX organs? From what I'm reading, it doesn't seem so.
Posted Thu, 10 Jan 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 6 hours later
It seems that you have suffered a minor electric shock. If there is no external wound or burn in the area, palpitations, irregular heart rate, etc then there is nothing to worry. The minor tingling and numbness around the elbow is likely to subside spontaneously without any treatment. Such a minor shock is not likely to affect your XXXXXXX organs.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.