Sudden dizziness, shivering, no fever. No medical history.

I suddenly have dizziness and severe shivering but no fever. I have medical history of any diseases. I'm 5'9" and 300 lbs.
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 4 hours later

Thank you for the Query.

As I believe the more information a person gives the better is the doctor reply. Thus it improves satisfaction levels of the both. Hence please provide more details of the concerning problem such as

- Since when are you suffering from the symptoms?
- Do you have increased frequency of urination?
- Do you have burning sensation while passing urine?
- Do you have pain abdomen?

From the details provided you seem to be obese for your height.

Shivering is associated with multiple conditions such as infections, blood sugar variations, blood pressure fluctuations and many more. Dizziness may be related to the same conditions. In addition dizziness occur due to some ear, neck and brain problems.

A careful physical examination and relevant tests will help us diagnose the condition better. I also encourage you to consult your primary physician for examination and tests - Blood Sugars; Blood Routine; Urinalysis; Blood Pressure and so on to rule out Hypertension or abnormal blood sugars.

In addition to this, follow these lifestyle modifications:

1.) Eat healthy nutritious balanced diet which should include fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables.
2.) Exercise regularly for 30 to 40 minutes daily for 5 days a week and maintain a healthy weight.
3.) Avoid high calorie foods.
4.) Avoid stress, practice relaxation techniques like yoga and meditation.
5.) Avoid smoking and alcohol if you do.
6.) Stick to your treatment plan and go for regular follow up.

Hope I have answered your Query, I will be available to answer your follow up Queries.

Wish you Good Health.

Take Care.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.