Sudden bleeding through penis. Reasons ?

Hi Doctor
My question is for my Uncle. He is 48 years old, with no known significance medical history. Today while he was sleeping during afternoon, he had bleeding through his penis and it was significant as his trouser was wet by this bleeding. This is the first time he had this kind of problem. However it was only the case if bleeding through penis. after this incident he passed his urine, which was pale yellow, without any blood tracings. Also there is no any particular symptom in his urinary tract. Can you please suggest as how this would have happened and what could be possible diagnosis of this and what will be the course of action for this incident. He is non smoker and does not take alcohol; however takes 5 to 6 cups of tea per day. Please advice.
Posted Sun, 1 Jul 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 8 hours later

I understand your query and concern.
He needs evaluation of the urinary tract and the bowels as well,as bleeding could have happened thro the back passage as well.
Kindly consult surgeon and undergo tests like urine, blood and ultrasound scan of the abdomen to start with and action will be taken based on that.
Hope I answered. Kindly get back for doubts.