Sudafed taken by a child. What can be done?

my baby 1yr old daughter just ate a 12 hour sudafed. what do i do?
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Follow-up: Sudafed taken by a child. What can be done? 4 minutes later
What kind of help is this it takes you 24 hours to get back to me
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 16 minutes later

Thank you for the Query.

I would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:

1.) Is it an elixir or Tablet did she take?
2.) Does she have nausea, vomiting, weakness or paleness?
3.) Does she have any other symptoms?
4.) Is she feeding well?

If your baby is doing fine and she has no symptoms as those mentioned above, kindly do not panic because generally, oral dosage of Sudafed in the form of syrup, tablets or an elixir is safe for young children, including infants. If she happens to suffer from any of the above mentioned symptoms, take her to ER immediately for further evaluation.

One more thing, it is always important to keep cough medicines out of the reach of children at all times.

Hope I have answered your query; I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Good Luck.

Take Care.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.