Subclavian clots, juggler clot, breast cancer. Done with radiation therapy. Is metanx effective for severe neuropathy?

Rheumatologist
Question
Hello Dr.,
My question is the effectiveness of taking Metanx for severe neuropathy when I am taking warfarin for subclavin clots, and folic acid for metabolism. My podiatrist has tried effexor, gabepentin and Lyrica. Maybe I will do better going natural?
XXXX
Posted Mon, 21 Oct 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
It is quite effective

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that Metanx is a vitamin supplement which contains L-methylfolate (vitamin B9), methylcobalamin (vitamin B12) and pyridoxal 5'-phosphate (vitamin B6). It is generally indicated for diabetic neuropathy but has got favouarble results in all peripheral neuropathy .

I will highly recommend you to go with it since many patients not responding to other drugs show a favouarble rsponse to this therapy although it takes slightly longer time to show results . Since you suffer from multiple comorbidities this will be the safest option to go with .

Dr. Shruti

Follow-up: Subclavian clots, juggler clot, breast cancer. Done with radiation therapy. Is metanx effective for severe neuropathy? 29 minutes later
Thank you for your reply, I hope this will be safer and work for me!

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Thank you.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

It would be worth that I can be of any help to you in future also .

Wish you good health .

Dr. Shruti