Stung by wasp or hornet. Feeling discomfort and swelling on wrist. Should I go for medical check up?

yesterday my wife was stung or bit by a wasp or hornet. it created the normal discomfort and swelling on the wrist. Today the swelling and redness remains with the addition of a line line from the bite location up the arm towards the elbow. there are no other signs of discomfort. Is this simply a condition which should be watched for more extreme symtoms or should this be atended by a medical visit to prompt care or emergency care?
Posted Fri, 27 Jul 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Hello and thanks for the query.
It is a simple allergic reaction which seems to have extended a bit.
Just icing and anti allergic tablets for couple of days should settle the symptoms.
I don't think anything alarming should happen,however if swelling or discomfort increase,which is highly unlikely,you may visit ER.
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any follow up query.
Best of luck