Stung by wasp, developed itchy lump. What can I do?

I was stung by a wasp a week ago and have now today developed a lump where sting was and very itchy what can I do about it ?
Posted Mon, 10 Sep 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 5 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Skin conditions are very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and the answer is based on the medical information provided.
It will be better if mention is it associated with itching, size of the swelling and the location.
It is less likely the insect bite of week old is responsible.
I advice you to wash with lots of water to remove any traces of the irritant that may remain on the skin. You should avoid further exposure. Use over the counter medication like anti histamine cream for local application. It should decease your swelling.
I advice you to see physician if the symptom persists or the severity increases.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.