Stung by bee on foot, lymph nodes behind ears swollen, itching like a mosquito bite. What should I do?

I was stung by a round bee (wasp, or hornet) on the top of my left foot and now my lymph nodes behind both ears are swollen and itch like a mosquito bite. what should I take or do?
Posted Sun, 22 Jul 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 2 hours later

Thanks for the query

It is unlikely that the wasp sting on the foot would cause enlargement of the neck lymph nodes because the draining node for the feet would be inguinal and not cervical.

There has to be another cause for the swelling and itching of the neck. I would like to add here that usually infection of the lymph node does not itch unless it is fistulous. Neck nodes enlarge in all upper respiratory tract infections and will resolve with the infection.

You could XXXXXXX a physician for examination of the nodes and site of itching. He would prescribe anti inflammatory drugs like levocertrizine and calamine lotion to soothed the itching.

I hope i have answered your query, please accept my answer if you have no further queries

I wish you good health