Struggling with chemotherapy induced severe constipation

I have been struggling with chemotherapy induced severe constipation. Is there a recommded protocol for managing this. I have had to go to the Emergency Room for impaction and it is very distressing! XXXX
Posted Sun, 9 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Remedies to chemotherapy-induced constipation... Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your medical history and feel sorry for the situation you are in. As the chemotherapy is the cause to your constipation problems, the only treatment include advise of easing the symptoms: - drink more water - eat foods high in fiber - avoid banana, yogurt and other aggravating constipation - take senna supplement and lactulose to soften and ease bowel movements - take fiber supplementation containing psyllium - eat more green vegetables, lettuce, spinach, etc. - take simethicone for bloating Once again, these are easing measures to your constipation problems while you are on chemotherapy. Wish fast recovery! Dr.Albana