Striptease dancer danced on lap. Had Tridot test, negative. Have red dos on arm and have swollen lymph nodes. Am I HIV positive?

HIV AIDS Specialist
On 26th April 2013, I went to a striptease club in London. In the club I had a lap dance in which the stripper was completly nude & danced by sitting on my lap. I was wearing a XXXXXXX (a bit lose on waist) belt & an underwear The dance lasted for about 15 mins. At the end of the dance may be 5 mins I felt a different kind of sensation on my penis head something was touching it or skin was getting pulled back like during intiation sex just the touch of vagina or rubbing against it I am sure of no penetration. I am a little confused about this & I am thinkin that my penis came out of my underwear then out of jeans which had belt due to dancers moves on my lap. this is all I am imagining. I was frigthened and did a tridot test after 34 days (apprx. 5 week). It came back as negative. On internet I posted a quesiton and all said the test is not valid at all. Now for last two days I red dots on my left arm some of them are itchy other not at all. I dont have fever,a swollen nods. Am I HIV +tiv.
Yesterday I also did another Tridot test which out negative it was at 9.4 weeks 67 days after above mentioned exposure. Do you think this test is reliable or should do test again after 12 weeks. Am too worried about being HIV +tive
Posted Wed, 24 Jul 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

Your chance for getting HIV through the above mentioned lap dance by the striptease dancer is absolutely negligible.
Without a penetration into somebody's vagina or anus, all the other types of sexual activities carries only a negligible risk and with oral sex it has a very low risk as for CDC, Atlanta.
Penis came out of underwear is quite possible, then out of jeans due to the movements of the dancer on your lap and touched her vagina, is not possible practical.Even if it is possible, the chances of HIV transmission is still negligible only.
The Tri-dot test after 8 weeks is reliable to an extent. But more conclusive after 12 weeks as there is a chance of delayed sero-conversion with some individual up to 12 weeks.
So get tested once again after 90 days to be more sure about your HIV status that you are free from HIV.
The lesions in the picture sent by you are not related to HIV. If you consult your Dermatologist he will help you to get well from your skin problem which may be easily curable.
So relax and nothing to worry much.
DR S.Murugan
Follow-up: Striptease dancer danced on lap. Had Tridot test, negative. Have red dos on arm and have swollen lymph nodes. Am I HIV positive? 21 hours later
Thanks for your reply it has calmed me a bit.

However I have few doubts. If the rash was HIV rash then the test would have been positive correct? Can my 9.5 week HIV test result change after 12 weeks? Is it must for me to have 12 week test or its not needed.

Do I suffer from HIV phobia or anxiety. I went to dermatologist and he said its insect bite and no need for further HIV test. What is the possibility his diagnosis is wrong.

Is this all my mind playing the stuff and there is absolutely nothing to worry because I am 100% HIV negative.

Thanks Again.
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 8 hours later
Welcome back.

HIV test result might not change after 12 weeks, but the sero-conversion may be delayed in some individual up to 12 weeks.

Your dermatologist who examined you personally is likely to be more correct in diagnosis and your problem over skin is just due to insect bite only and not related to HIV.
It is better to have the test after 12 weeks, so that you will happy to see the more conclusive HIV negative result and your phobia about HIV and the related tension will get relieved.
Dr S.Murugan