Stringy white stool. Have fibromyalgia and sjogrens syndrome, have anemia. Are they worms?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
This morning I passed some stringy looking white stuff after my bowel movent. I have fibromyalgia and sjogrens syndrome and have recently started iron tablets due to anemia. This is the first time this has happened. It did not move so I assume it is not worms. I took worm medicine just in case. Could this be candida?
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
The most likely cause of white string like substances in stool is worm or parasite infestation.
In some cases an undigested food material XXXXXXX in fibre may also cause such happening. Since this has happened for the first time, there is nothing to worry about. You have already taken a deworming tablet. You can repeat the dose after 15 days. Candida infection does not cause such symptoms.
A single such episode is not worrisome. You only need to self monitor your stool for any more such incidences in which case a stool examination and physician consultation is needed.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.