String of blood in stool, itchy, biting feeling, nose itchy. Do I have worms?

Nephrologist
Question
I had a string of blood in my stool what is that mean that I have worms? I feel itchy all the time and I feel like something it's biting also my nose is itchy
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 2 hours later
Hello

Thanks for the query

It is quite possible that you are suffering from a worm infestation, it is one of the common causes for passing for blood in stools. The diagnosis more certain since you have seen the worm in your stool.
Tablet albendazole is the drug of choice for de worming. It is a single tablet to be taken orally as a stat dose after food. Please ask your doctor for the prescription.
The bleeding should subside within 3 days if it doesnt please see a Gastro enterologist for a colonoscopy to rule out other causes.
Itchy nose is an unrelated issue. You apply calamine lotion to subside the itch. Avoid scratching.

I hope I have answered your query, if you have no further queries please accept my answer
I wish you good health

Follow-up: String of blood in stool, itchy, biting feeling, nose itchy. Do I have worms? 15 hours later
Is it safe even when I'm breastfeeding ?

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later
Thanks for the query

Albendazole is contraindicated in pregnancy, since the drug does not get secreted in milk so it is considered safe during breast feeding. Please see your doctor for a prescription and also follow the advice of a colonoscopy soon

I wish you good XXXXXXX and a speedy recovery

Follow-up: String of blood in stool, itchy, biting feeling, nose itchy. Do I have worms? 14 hours later
Hello
I been noticed that every time I sleep on my right side I start getting dizzy you think that related to this ?

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 16 hours later
Hello

Thanks for the query

Positional vertigo is unrelated to the issue. It mainly tell us that there is a middle ear pathology. Most of the time people suffer from this after an long since you have had this? Please get it checked by an Ent specialist. You might have to be put on drugs like betahistadine for a couple of weeks.

I hope I have answered your query, please accept my answer if you have no further queries