Stretch marks on abdomen post pregnancy. blisters in stretch marks. spreading all over abdomen. Requires medical attention ?

I have stretch marks on my lower abdomen from when I was pregnant. I have notced within the last two weeks that I appear to be getting what looks like blisters inside the stretch XXXXXXX It started with one on my left side, then two on the right, a very large one on my lower abdomen and what looks like a new one starting on my upper abdomen. Is this normal? Should I go see a doctor?
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 28 minutes later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

I understand that you are concerned about the blistering on your stretch marks of pregnancy.

Yes, I would advise you to consult a dermatologist for an opinion - as the blistering is in the area of the skin that has been weakened by the stretch marks and this is not normal. This weakening might pose the risk of bacterial infections like staphylococcus.
Nothing to panic, but you should be careful about getting the right management plan for the same.

This should subside within a couple of days with the treatment.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.