Stress test showed perfusion abnormality, inferoseptal wall with perfusion. What does all this mean?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
I had a stress test. This is what is on my report and I don't understand it. The apical wall shows a severe perfusion abnormality, which is completely reversible. The inferoseptal wall shows a moderate perfusion abnormality, which is partially reversible. Conclusions on the report said this. Myocardial perfusion abnormality consistent with a mixed defect (predominantly ischemic) in the territory described above. Normal rest and post stress LVEF

What does all this mean? is it bad, mild, what?
How is the in relation to a heart attack?
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 3 hours later

The heart is like a four chambered box with a pointed apex down (apical wall).
The coronary blood vessels supply the heart wall muscles (myocardium)and the perfusion of the heart by these blood vessels if decreased or blocked( perfusion defects) can cause angina ( chest pain) or myocardial infarction or heart attack.
Stress test is done to check how your blood supply to the heart is and whether it can be decreased or blocked due to any stress making you at risk of a future heart attack.
Your tests show that you have perfusion defects in two walls of heart which at present are mild since reversible but do indicate a future risk of ischemia (angina)or infarction( heart attack).
Your left ventricular ejection fraction or LVEF is normal indicating good function of the heart muscle (pumping blood to body )at present.
Since you already suffer from HP and Diabetes and are already on medications it is advisable that you consult your cardiologist for preventing and decreasing the risk of a heart attack.
Please do not worry as it is good to detect a perfusion problem in early stages so that it can be improved by medications and positive lifestyle changes .