Strep infection in throat, back and joint pain, cloudy smelly urine, no fever, taken Zpack and Prednisone. HIV?

I am going to Dr tomorrow I had a strep infection in my throat. A week ago, I was put on Zpack and Prednisone (for asthma). I did not have a fever. I then had menstrual cycle and severe pack and joint pain, and put on Napro sod. 550mg. Throat is clear, but now have cloudy, smelly urine with small white white flakes. No burning or itching down there. Any relation you can think of? The dr is going to do a urine test. I also have MTHFR & get B12 shots monthly.

I had Strep throat 1 week ago. I was put on Z-pack and Prednisone (asthma) for it. I did not have a fever. Then I had my menstrual cycle with severe back and joint pain. I was put on Naprox. Sod 550mg. Throat is clear now. But now I have cloudy whiteish urine, slight odor and white flakes. No buring or itching. My conditions are Asthma, Folate & B12 deficiency & GERD. I am on Folate pills & B12 Shots & PPI. I will be seeing a dr. tomorrow for urine test. I was also hospitalized for Viral Syndrome, dehydration and palpitations on 3/30/11. Discharged with directions to drink more fluids & rest. I just am not feeling right. I sleep about 16hrs a day and I am still tired. I have the back pain and I am weak. What is going on? Should I have a HIV test done. I have had unprotected sex in the past.
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Tulasi Raman.P 1 hour later

As you have mentioned you were hospitalized for Viral Syndrome it is possible that you maybe suffering from post-viral arthralgia which may persists for a period of 2 - 6 months after the viral fever. This could be the reason for your backache and joint pain.

Its is very difficult to arrive at a diagnosis with the given details at this moment regarding your condition.

As you are getting urine test tomorrow also get Blood tests like Complete Blood Count, ESR done. And get back to me with the results.

As you have had unprotected sex in the past and if you have not yet undergone HIV test following it I suggest you to get it done too.

Kindly back to me with the test details and other details which you are likely to have missed.