Strained muscle, pain in back radiating to ribs. Recommended bone scan. Had mastectomy. Should I be concerned?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
i had a maesectomy 12 years ago with no further treatment i pulled a muscle in my back which made me have a slight ache in my back but come around to the front of my left ribs it wasnt really a pain more uncomfortable and a tingly burning my doc is sending me for a bone scan . my blood test come back i have no inflammation i do feel anxious is there need to worry
Posted Mon, 29 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 32 minutes later
Hello and Welcome to XXXXXXX

The symptoms you have described are more likely to be symptoms of muscles strain.Your doctor sending you for bone scan to rule out of any secondaries of breast lesion.But it doesn't looks like.Do not worry.Go for it if your doctor thinks so.It is better to rule out any possibility.

Hope this helps you.Please do write back if you have any additional concerns.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Wishing you good health...
Dr Saurabh Gupta.
Orthopaedic Surgeon.