Strained lower back and had rough sex. Got tingling sensation on penis. Any effective cure?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
I strained my lower left back, thigh and hip at a sport competition. 5 days later I had protected rough sex and within 8 hrs I started getting a heightened / tingly sensation at the tip of my penis mostly when seated. That settled after somedays. About 10 days later I got a tingly sensation on the front part of my left thigh then the right thigh only when seated. This lasted for a few weeks then the sensation moved to my calfs and then to the souls of my feet tingled after a had a long walk.During this process I got sensation of burning and cold. I also go the tingly sensation in my forearm and burning pain in armpit area and inner arm, the sensations come and go.
Posted Thu, 21 Mar 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later

Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have symptoms of paraesthesia. I would like you to get the following investigation done relate your symptoms
1) Haemogram with total and Differential W.B.C.count.
2) Routine Urine test
3) Ultrasound scanning of the abdomen
4) Blood Sugar on fasting and 2 hours after food.

Symptoms of sensation of tightness in tip of the penis could be due to infection of the external urinary meatus and may be part of the generalised infection.

Please revert back after you get results of these tests which are normally available in few hours.
In the meantime you can take vitamin B12 supplements. They are available over the counter.

Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.

Regards.
Dr.Patil

Follow-up: Strained lower back and had rough sex. Got tingling sensation on penis. Any effective cure? 3 hours later
Dr,
I forgot to add that in the area of my left lower back and at the base of the spine there was some visible swelling which Also took time to despair. Now that the swelling has gone down 90% of the sensations have equally despaired.
What do u suspect could be wrong?

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 19 minutes later
Hello

Left low back swelling can occur due to allergic or inflammatory condition. It is difficult to comment about the swelling without clinical examination. Please consult qualified surgeon for clinical examination or post the photograph of the swelling to me to comment on it.

That being said, this swelling is unlikely to be the cause of your paraesthesia. As suggested in my previous reply, you can use vitamin B12 supplements and plan the aforementioned test through your stress related conditions. We will be able to isolate the organic cause (if any) through the described tests.

Hope I answered your query. Let me know if you need clarifications

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil

Follow-up: Strained lower back and had rough sex. Got tingling sensation on penis. Any effective cure? 1 hour later
Now that the swelling is gone and all anxiety related symptoms are gone, there are no sensations again.
My urine test was normal for glucose , ph, protein , blood, and key tone
My lower back swelling was due to a sports injury, which. Was aggravated during a competition. Where I pulled my groin muscle and thigh

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later

I am pleased to know that all your symptoms including the sensation have disappeared. Please continue the vitamin supplements as described earlier for couple of weeks. You can add a pain killer if you also develop pain. This will get you through complete recovery.

I hope I was able to address all your concerns. If all your queries are attended, please close this discussion.

With Regards
Dr.Patil