Stopped using melacare cream, getting pimples and swelling. How can I stop without side effect?

hi doctor,
am using melacare cream for 6 months, how can i stop using this cream in an effective manner without making side effects to the skin? once i stopped using this cream more pimples and swellings come to my face, how can i avoid that?
Posted Thu, 27 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 23 minutes later
As the cream contains steroid and you have used it for a prolonged period of time,I would suggest that you taper its use ie use it on alternate nights in first week and then two days in a week and then stop. That's the reason why we never advise such strong creams to be used without doctor's supervision.
To treat acne, you may need a complete course of acne treatment like topical creams- adapalene ,benzoyl peroxide and clindamycin, either singly or in combination. Depending on the severity and type of acne, you may need azithromycin with or without isotretinoin. I would advise that you consult a doctor to get the skin examined so that a proper treatment can be started to restore your skin to normal.
In the meanwhile,
Use a mild face wash for acne prone skin like cetaphil os or acne aid etc
Apply adapalene benzoyl peroxide combination gel in night
Use a mild water based sunscreen in morning.

Hope that helped you. Should there be more query, please write back.