Stopped using control cream. Noticed itchy blotchy with lots of rashes on face. Prescribed steroids. What to do?

i have been using a control cream from XXXXXXX Badesco for the last 2-3 yrs. i stopped using it over a week ago n now my face is itchy bloatchy with lots of rashes all over including the eyelids. my skin doctor prescribed me steroids but am afraid to use it now cos i feel like my skin might get depended on it again. i dont want to go thru the same thing all over again. help me plez.....for now am just using aloe vera gel n buckthorn seed oil to just calm the redness n itchiness.thanks
Posted Wed, 17 Jul 2013 in General Health
Follow-up: Stopped using control cream. Noticed itchy blotchy with lots of rashes on face. Prescribed steroids. What to do? 3 minutes later
would you recoomend washing my face using Dettol Antiseptic liquid. am desperately trying to get back my skin to normalcy.thanks
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 2 hours later

I am happy to help. Sounds like you have sensitive skin. Just stopping a cream would not cause a rash. It sounds like you are reacting to something in your environment i.e., some kind of allergen...could be soap, shampoo...etc. You could try mixing the steroid cream with the aloe vera gel 1 part to 1 part to see if this helps. If not then I would try using the steroid cream alone until the redness is under control. After that you may want to seek a consultation from a skin care expert or a Dermatologist.

I hope this has answered your question. Let me know if there is anything else I can help with.