Stopped testosterone cycle for getting pregnant, taken HCG Clomid and Arimadex. Wanted to know how long before getting pregnant.

Infertility Specialist
Question
I WAS ON A 6 MONTH LONG TESTERONE CYCLE. I STOPPED BECUASE ME AND MY WIFE WANT TO GET PREGANT. pOST CYCLE THERAPY I TOOK HCG CLOMID AND ARIMADEX FOR THREE WEEKS AND NOW USING TRIBULAS ZINC FOLIC ACID AND B-12 TO REALLY GET MY SPERM GOING. JUST WANTED TO KNOW HOW LONG BEFORE SHE COULD GET PREGANT. IM ON MY 5TH WEEK RIGHT NOW CLEANED OUT JUST TAKING THE NATURAL SUPPLEMENTS. PAST HISTORY SPERM COUNT WAS FINE SO NO PROBLEMS BEFORE HAND.
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Infertility Problem

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 29 minutes later
As you said that your sperm count was normal in the past. If your sperm count was normal, what was the indication (or need) to take testosterone? I would request you to answer the following questions, so that I can help you more:
1) Why did you take testesterone, hCG,clomid and armidex? What was the indication for the same?
2) If you started those medications, why did you stop taking them?
3) Have any tests have been done on your wife like ultrasound of the pelvic region, hysterosalpingography (HSG) for tubal patency or any blood tests. If you have any reports, please upload your reports in the “Upload your reports” section on the right.
4) Let me know what contraception that both of you were using till now? Do either of you already have children earlier or are trying to conceive for first time?
5) Please upload the reports of the previous sperm counts, if possible.
Awaiting your reply.

Follow-up: Stopped testosterone cycle for getting pregnant, taken HCG Clomid and Arimadex. Wanted to know how long before getting pregnant. 7 hours later
I TOOK TESTERONE AS A HORMONE REPLACEMENT THERAPY. WHEN YOU COME OFF YOU HAVE TO DO POST CYCLE THERAPY. I WAS TAKING 300MG A WEEK OF TESTERONE CYPIONATE. WHEN YOU COME OFF YOU TAKE HCG CLOMID AND ARIMADEX TO KEEP ESTROGEN LEVELS DOWN AND START NATURAL LEVELS BACK UP. THE NATURAL SUPPLEMEMNTS I TAKE ARE TO INCREASE SPERM COUNT. WE WERE BOTH FINE BEFORE HAND I KNOW IN THE PAST THAT MY SPERM COUNT DROPS TO ZERO WHILE TAKING TESTERONE. JUST WAS WONDERING IF IN 5 WEEKS I COULD RESTORE SPERM COUNT THAT FAST SINCE I DID SUCH AN AGGRESSIVE POST CYCLE AND TAKING ALOT OF NATURAL SUPPLEMENTS.

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 20 minutes later

Thanks for the follow-up.

It is unusual for sperm count to rise from zero to normal in 5 weeks.

I need some more details from you if you dont mind.

Why was testosterone level less in your body?
What were FSH and Thyroid hormone levels?

Please send me all previous reports. It will help me to help you better if I know these details as well.

Hope I have answered your query.

Please do get back with answers.

Awaiting your response.

Follow-up: Stopped testosterone cycle for getting pregnant, taken HCG Clomid and Arimadex. Wanted to know how long before getting pregnant. 10 hours later
ITS OK NEVERMIND.

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 33 minutes later

It would helpful for me to treat if you would have provided more details. Don’t mind my queries. Anyway, based on your details following would me my advice:

1) Since two sperm count reports are conflicting, Please get another one from different laboratory to confirm which was right.

2) Since now your count is good please try for pregnancy. Your count need not be a concern and there is no need to take further medication if reason for starting testosterone is resolved.